Image Map

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan

I got inspired by Pinterest once again! I came across Nikki’s recipe over at Chef in Training and her chicken parm she whipped up! I tweaked it here and there but it’s a great and easy recipe!
chicken parmesan crockpot_preview
Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 TBSP olive oil
1 egg, beaten
sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
favorite jarred marinara or spaghetti sauce
Spread the 1 TBSP of olive oil into the bottom of your crockpot.
Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl.
Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish.
Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings.
Place the chicken breast pieces in the bottom of the crockpot.
Layer 2-3 slices or 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, depending on how much cheese you like.
Cover chicken and cheese with entire jar of sauce.
Close lid and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3.
Serve with your favorite pasta and ENJOY!
This was so yummy! It would be great without the breadcrumbs as well so next time I am going to try it with just the chicken, cheese, and sauce. I also didn’t have any Italian crumbs but just used my plain crumbs and tossed in some oregano and Italian sounding spices, lol.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I think I am going to make this for dinner tonight! I have evrerything but the mozzarella! Anything crockpot has my name on it!

    blessings,
    kariane

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!