Image Map

Monday, June 4, 2012

Firecracker Candlesticks

Inspiration struck when I came across these cinnamon stick firecrackers. After perusing my craft shed, I came up with three unfinished candlesticks I had picked up at the craft store and I was on my way with some paint, sandpaper, and dark walnut stain! Then I added some jute for the wicks that my friend, Amy, let me borrow (thanks, Amy!).
photo_1
As you can see by the color of the blue paint above and the color below, I squirted some black paint in my blue because it was way too rainbow bright for what I had in mind.
photo_3
It wasn’t until after I painted and got everything stained that I realized I could pop those metal things out in the candles, lol =/
photo_2
Finished pieces before sanding and staining…
photo_4
Annnddd after sanding and staining and hot gluing the wicks in =) Oh and when you can’t find your itty bitty paint brush to paint stars…use a toothpick!







Hope y’all like them as much as I do! Now I just need to drag out all my other summer décor and actually get it put up :/
Until next time!













Linking up at Sew Chatty, Under the Table and Dreaming, Homemaker On A Dime, DIY Show Off, Ask Anna, Sumo's Sweet Stuff, Making The World Cuter, Sew Can Do, I Heart Nap Time, Nifty Thrifty Things, Blissful and Domestic, Sisters of the Wild West, Keeping It Simple, Gunny Sack, Todays Creative Blog, Not Just A Housewife, Ladybug Blessings, Sugar Bee Crafts, Lil Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts, Someday Crafts, Domestically Speaking, Michelle Paige, Southern Lovely, House of Hepworths,
Somewhat Simple, Shabby Creek Cottage, The 36th Avenue, 504 Main, WhipperBerry, Happy Hour Projects, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Frugal Friday, 30 Days, Blissful and Domestic, Love Notes by Lauryn, Delightful Order, Positively Splendid, Tatertots & Jello, Funky Junk Interiors, Too Much Time on My Hands, Craft Envy, Be Different Act Normal

18 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Would you be willing to link up this post to my Red, White, Blue & You Holiday Link Party? I'd love to have you share your ideas! Thanks, Michelle
    http://www.michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/05/red-white-blue-you-holiday-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! And thanks for the invite. I'm all linked up =)

      Delete
  2. How fun! I love 4th of July decor! YOurs is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so making these. I am a new Linky follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Creative Lady =) They were a fun craft!

      Delete
  4. I love the designs you put on them! Unique and so 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun!! i love how they turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! I am sure you will put them to great use come July 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) And thanks again for the feature! This week my hubby's going on a business trip so I'm going to get all my "girly" stuff done ;) which includes A LOT of crafting, lol!

      Delete
  7. These are absolutely wonderful! Just love em!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun! I hope you will link up to my Patriotic Project Parade.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!